AIR SHOW LOCATION
- The air show grounds are located on the Tennessee Air National Guard side of the airport at the McGhee Tyson Airport terminal building. There will be no pedestrian or parking access to the air show from the McGhee Tyson Airport terminal building or from the Airport Hilton Hotel. View an aerial map here.
- The pick up and drop off location will be at the intersection of Lois Lane and Judson Drive only.
- There are two main entry gates to the air show, both are located on the Air Base, off Air Base Road.
- If you are coming from Knoxville, you can take Topside Road or Alcoa Hwy to access the air show parking areas. Once in that area, follow event signs and directions by law enforcement.
- If you are coming from Maryville, head towards Air Base Road in order to access the air show parking areas. Once in that area, follow event signs and directions by law enforcement.
- After the show, you will be directed off airport-property and may not be directed in the way you wish to travel. Be patient with the traffic plan.
- Please note: Some roads will close and traffic patterns will stop at 3pm due aerial performance restrictions.
- Parking passes are $75 per vehicle, not per person. You can have up to 14 people in your vehicle.
- If you have a larger group, bus parking passes are available for purchase for $250.
- If you have lost your parking pass, visit https://www.attendstar.com/tickets/ to have them re-sent to your email.
PARKING AT THE AIR SHOW
- Print your parking pass before leaving for the air show. You will need to show your purchased parking pass in order to gain access to the air show parking areas. While you can also show it on your mobile phone, having a paper copy will speed up your parking process.
- Air show parking lots are festival style parking in the fields near the airport, with uneven ground. Accessible parking (ADA) is located on Air Base property with a permit only. These lots are currently SOLD OUT. The GPS address to the parking area entrance will be listed on your parking pass. These lots will offer fully-accessible shuttles to the air show site. To park in these designated lots, you must present an accessible parking pass, and your vehicle must display an official, current Disabled Person License Plate and/or Placard.
- Parking areas open at 7a.m. Arrive EARLY in order to avoid heavy traffic.
- The parking lots are labeled Blue or Gold. Remember which lot you are parked in before you leave your car (Suggestion: Take a photo of signage.).
- Forgot something in your car? You are allowed to come back to your car throughout the day, but you will be re-screened with each re-entry.
- Please note there will be no air show parking allowed in the McGhee Tyson Airport terminal parking areas. Those areas are for commercial passengers traveling only.
- The air show will have a pick up and drop off location (see air show parking map for its location). This area can be used by personal vehicles, buses, or for UBER and Lyft (if they are available – be aware that this service might be limited or have surge pricing during the air show hours). Please make arrangements for your pick up location and time before entering the air show. We anticipate that this location will be very crowded at the end of the air show (around 4:15 p.m.) when everyone leaves at the same time. Expect to wait for extended periods of time if using this location.
- There is no shuttle service provided from your car to the security screening stations at the air show entrance. However, once you have cleared security, there will be a shuttle available to take you to the air show location.
- Once you are parked, you will notice that you are parked in either a Blue or Gold lot. That is the color you need to remember in order to take the correct shuttle back to the security screening station nearest to your car at the end of the show.
- No shuttles will be allowed to transport passengers from 3-4pm due to aerial performance restrictions.
- Outside food and beverage is not allowed. There will be concession booths located throughout the air show grounds.
- We highly encourage you to bring an EMPTY, refillable water bottle. There will be free water stations located throughout the air show grounds.
- Concession booths will accept cash or credit cards.
- There will be souvenir booths located throughout the air show grounds as well.
SCHEDULE & SHOW INFORMATION
- The air show schedule will be the same both days, weather permitting.
- The air show gates will open at 8am.
- The opening ceremonies will begin around 11am and performances will begin around 12pm.
- Aerial acts will conclude around 4:15pm each day.
- The schedule is always changing and isn’t finalized until closer to the show. The jet team is always the last act to fly and typically flies around 3 pm.
- There will be three information booths located throughout the air show grounds.
- At the information booth, there will be child identification wristbands that parents can use for their children to write their contact information.
- QR codes will be available throughout the show with access to maps and a list of air show performers. We recommend downloading the air show map ahead of time just in case of poor cell phone service.
- There will be medical tents, a kids play area, and many other attractions located throughout the air show. Keep in mind that the air show grounds are almost one mile long.
- The kids area is free of charge and includes a Blue Angels Mechanical Ride, Blue Angels Bounce House, Blue Angels Slide, Blue Angels Obstacle Course, Helicopter Combo Bounce, Army Tank Obstacle Course, Blue Angels Ride on Carts, and Euro Bungee area.
- The air show happens rain or shine. No refunds. No rain checks.
- Admission to the air show is free.
- If you would like to park on-property, a parking pass is required.
- While no additional tickets are required, premium viewing seating access is available for purchase. Please note that parking passes are not included in the purchase of premium viewing tickets.
- Premium box seats include:
- Exclusive viewing area
- In-and-out privileges from the reserved seating area
- Dedicated concessions and restroom facilities
- Children ages 4 & under admitted free (lap only)
- Flight Line Club tables for parties of 2 or 4 include:
- Reserved Table and Chairs
- Snacks and Lunch
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages (alcoholic beverages available for additional purchase.)
- Shaded Dining Areas
- Separate Portable Restrooms
- Premium box seats include:
- Note: parking passes are NOT included with the premium viewing tickets.
SECURITY SCREENING STATIONS
- There will be security screening stations located at each main entry gate.
- For a list of prohibited items, visit https://smokymountaina.wpengine.com/show-information/prohibited-items/.
- Very similar to a college football game or an amusement park, this will include a walk-through metal detector as well as a wand search.
- There is a clear bag only policy, with the exception of diaper bags, which must accompany a child.
- There will be separate lanes for attendees with bags and without bags.
EXITING THE AIRSHOW
- Board the shuttle back to the security screening station that you entered the air show. The shuttle will be marked either Blue or Gold, board the shuttle that matches the color of the lot where you parked your car (either Blue or Gold).
- Please remember to exit the same security checkpoint you used to enter the air show.
- The Gold shuttle will not run during the Blue Angels performance from 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.