The 2016 Smoky Mountain Air Show is proud to offer a limited number of photographer passes for this year’s air show. Get exclusive access to the air show’s static displays before the public gates open with our Early Bird Photography Pass. This exclusive group will be escorted through a myriad of static aircraft where you will be able to get beautiful aircraft photographs without hundreds of people in the photograph.
Early Bird Photography Pass – limited to 15 people per day (April 16 & 17 only)
- The Saturday and Sunday escorted tours will begin promptly at 6:30 a.m. and conclude at 8 a.m.
(No admittance for the tour after 6:15 a.m. You will need time to park and report to the designated meeting location for the tour to start promptly. If you are late, then you forfeit your early entry privilege and will have to wait until the public gate opens at 10 a.m. No refunds are given.)
- LIMITED number of passes are available (only 15 per day).
- No one under 12 is permitted to be a pass holder.
- No rain checks/no refunds.
- Pass holders will have access to the media area along the flight line throughout the air show (space permitting). Media will have preferential treatment in this area and pass holders may be asked to move their equipment at a moment’s notice.
- Once you have purchased your Early Bird Photography Pass, you will be contacted via email with parking and logistical instructions. If you purchased a photography pass and have not received an email from our staff by
April 12, 2016, please email email@example.com with the subject line Air Show Photography Pass.
What You Need To Know About The Early Bird Photography Pass
- Your camera bag will be checked by security upon entry to the air show.
- The air show performance and many of performers’ acts are copyrighted, and your photography or video cannot be used for commercial purposes. All rights to photos during the event remain with the performers and the air show.
- The air show assumes no responsibility for any equipment.
- Passes are good for the day which they are purchased.
- No smoking at any time during the tour or in the media area.
- Pass holders only (no family or additional guests admitted early regardless of their age).
- This is a walking tour. The static displays are widely spaced so be prepared to walk long distances.
- For security and safety reasons, you are required to stay with your staff escort at all times. The ramp is an active operations area before the air show opens. There will be aircraft movement, fueling operations, and setup operations happening around you. For your safety, you must pay constant attention and follow all directions from any air show staff at all times.
- At no time are you allowed onto any taxiway or active flight area beyond the boundaries of the air show public area. This includes the active taxiway or runway in front of the crowd line.
Cost for the Early Bird Photography Pass: $75 each day (includes parking)