How much does it cost to attend the Air Show?
General admission to the Air Show is FREE. There is a charge for parking passes, which are per vehicle, not per person. All parking pass options and upgraded experience options are listed on the website.
How much is parking?
A one-day parking pass for either Saturday or Sunday is $40 per vehicle. Continue to check the air show website and Facebook page for frequent discounted parking pass sales.
Where is parking?
There are three designated parking areas surrounding the airport. The Green and Red Lots are within walking distance of the Air Show gate. The Blue Lot will provide shuttle service from the parking lot to the Air Show gate. A map of parking is available on the website.
Is accessible parking available?
The Accessible Parking Lot is located near the Blue Lot and is a paved area. Click here to view a map. This lot will offer fully-accessible shuttles to the air show site. In order to park in this designated lot, you must present an accessible parking pass and your vehicle must display an official, current Disabled Person License Plate and/or Placard. Parking passes in this lot are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis.
Is tailgating allowed?
What is the Upgraded Experience?
There are two options for upgraded experience tickets available for both Saturday and Sunday. Reserved VIP Seating is $30 per person and guarantees you a reserved seat on the flight line to watch the Air Show events. VIP Community Chalet tickets are $75 per person and include a seat for the Air Show, VIP restrooms and a catered lunch. You must still purchase a parking pass in addition to the upgraded experience tickets. Visit the website for purchase.
Is the show the same each day?
The aerial acts and static displays will be the same on Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
What if it rains?
Inclement weather conditions and other conditions beyond the producers of the Air Show’s control may cause delays or cancellations.
What non-profit organization benefits from the Air Show?
A portion of the proceeds will benefit HonorAir Knoxville to support their efforts to honor our local veterans.
Who is performing other than the Blue Angels?
A full list of the entertainment acts will be announced in February! Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@smairshow) to stay up to date on all Air Show announcements.
If I live in the area, will I be able to watch the show from my house?
The Blue Angels design their show around a center point. The airport is the show center, so all aerial displays are designed to be best viewed from the airport. You may be able to see the planes, but you won’t get the full experience unless you attend.
How can I help?
There are volunteer positions available for a wide range of interests. Volunteers can choose their time slots and spend the rest of the day enjoying the Air Show free of charge. Please review the Volunteers page on the website for a full list of available positions.
Can I bring my own chair?
You are permitted to bring a folding chair. All items will go through a security check upon entry.
I am a veteran, in the reserves, or work on base. Can I park for free?
Please contact the TN Air National Guard Base for information at (865) 336-3205.
Do I need an ID?
No ID is required to gain entry, however all Tennessee laws still apply, and you must have a valid ID for the purchase of alcohol.
Can I take pictures or get autographs?
Yes. The Blue Angels allocate time for meeting fans, but access will be limited.
Planning Tips for the Smoky Mountain Air Show
- Families should agree on a meeting place for everyone before, during and after the show.
- An information booth will be on site with maps, schedules and other information.
- Outside food and drink are prohibited, with the exception of baby-related items.
- Concessions will be set up on site with food and beverage for purchase.
- Bring cash for food and beverage concessions. No credit cards accepted.
- Lawn chairs or blankets are permitted, but all items will be screened at security.
- Portable restrooms will be available in several areas.
- The parking lots open at 8 a.m. and Air Show entry begins at 10 a.m.
- Smoking (which includes vaping) will only be allowed in designated smoking areas
- Make sure to bring your purchased parking pass to the event.
- Parking will be crowded. Please plan ahead and allow extra time for parking.
- All attendees and accompanied items will go through a security inspection upon entrance to the Air Show.
- Inclement weather conditions and other conditions beyond the producers of the Air Show’s control may cause delays or cancellations.