The New Year has begun, and preparations for the 2016 Smoky Mountain Air Show are in full swing. An air show like this relies heavily on volunteers, and it would not be possible without help. Because of this, we are working very hard to make sure everything is in place for our volunteers prior to and during the air show. We will be providing volunteers with free parking on the day of their volunteer shift, lunch, and a t-shirt. Volunteering for the air show is a fantastic way to get a behind-the-scenes aviation experience that is rare to East Tennessee, and we would love your help.
Below are the different positions available for volunteers:
- Parking Attendant – This position is responsible for assisting with parking vehicles in designated lots, checking parking passes, and directing vehicles and parking them efficiently. This job is unique because it is involved with the efficient movement and parking of the vehicles that attend the air show. We have many spots open for this position, so it is a prime volunteer opportunity for groups or organizations seeking volunteer hours.
- Shuttle Announcer – This position is responsible for greeting air show attendees as they board the air show shuttle, announcing important air show information during the ride to the show site, and serving as a first impression for the air show. This position offers a very unique opportunity to deal with the attendees of the air show face-to-face. You will be providing attendees with vital information that will help them be more prepared and able to enjoy their day.
- Ground Clean Up – This position is responsible for keeping air show grounds free of trash, food, etc. Removal equipment will be provided. This position is especially important in the prevention of FOD (Foreign Object Debris). FOD is any object in an aviation environment that can be sucked into an aircraft engine or blown away at high speeds due to jet/propeller blast. FOD is very dangerous to aircraft and members working around aircraft. The ground clean-up position is responsible for making sure the air show ground is free of trash and other objects that can cause potential damage or injury.
If any of these positions interest you, or you simply have a love for aviation or giving back to the community, we would love your help. Also, if you know anyone who would be interested in volunteering, please direct them to this website or to the Volunteer Knoxville website for more information. For further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
We’re excited to announce another parking pass sale is happening soon! January is coming to an end which means we’re one month closer to the Air Show! To celebrate, all parking passes will be $29 on January 29th! Admission to the Air Show is free, so buy your parking pass and plan for a fun-filled day of aviation. Beginning January 29, use the code: “ONLY29” to purchase your discounted parking pass here!
Also, tickets are available for anyone interested in an upgraded experience, such as reserved seating or tickets to the Community VIP Chalet.
Here’s a few things to know when purchasing your parking pass:
- Cyber Monday parking spots are located in the Green Lot— the lot closest to the air show’s entrance and doesn’t require a shuttle.
- Parking passes are good for one day only of the air show. Make sure the date that is on your parking pass matches the date you plan to attend the air show before you make your final purchase.
- Passes are per vehicle, not per person. Carpooling with friends and family is encouraged.
- There’s no limit to the number of parking passes you can buy. These make great holiday gifts for that person who has everything!
- If you’re interested in an upgraded air show experience, be sure to check out the reserved seating options as well as tickets to the Community VIP Chalet.
- A portion of the air show proceeds will benefit HonorAir Knoxville.
Thank you for your support, and we’ll see you at the air show on April 16-17, 2016!
Thank you for your interest in the Cyber Monday parking pass sale for the Smoky Mountain Air Show. While you can’t purchase a pass today, you can on November 30, 2015. Click on the button below to receive an email reminder on Cyber Monday so you don’t miss this sale. Don’t let this deal fly you by!
The Smoky Mountain Air Show Partnership is pleased to announce that Vanquish Worldwide, along with sister companies Business Owners Benefits Association and Peak Technical Institute, will be the premier sponsors for the 2016 Smoky Mountain Air Show.